Cascade Park Active Day - Adult Day Health Care
Third party payors such as Medicaid and VA cover all or most of the cost to attend!
Benefits of Attendance
- Mental health is stimulated with “thinking” games and exciting activities.
- Mild daily exercises improve strength, mobility and dexterity, which can help prevent increased disability from inactivity.
- Nutritional meals and snacks are served in an enjoyable social setting encouraging healthier eating habits.
- Offers participants an environment in which to make new friends and enjoy the companionship of others.
- An individualized plan of care is developed for each participant addressing such needs as rehabilitation therapies, nursing care, case management and mental health counseling.
Benefits For Caregivers
- Provides a period of much-needed rest for caregivers, resulting in improved mental and physical well-being.
Cascade Park Active Day offers one of the only programs in Tacoma with a dedicated health staff. It is located in a specially designed 14,000 square foot environment. Cascade Park Active Day program participants come from from Pierce County and the greater Puget Sound area. We offer a morning, afternoon, and full-day program designed to meet the needs of functionally and/or cognitively impaired adults through an individualized plan of care.
Our comprehensive program includes a variety of health, social, and supportive services, all provided within a protective setting. The main goal of this exciting program is to maintain or enhance the independence of each participant. This is accomplished in a fun environment that is structured to facilitate individual growth.
Daily program activities include live entertainment, therapeutic activities, educational group discussions, physical and occupational therapies, bingo, arts & crafts, daily exercise, and more. Active Day’s multidisciplinary care team works together with each participant’s family/immediate caregiver, case manager, and primary physician to create and coordinate an individualized plan of care that is built upon their unique needs.
Cascade Park Communities’ adult day health-care program provides an additional level of valuable support and comfort to its participants, family members, and caregivers. It enables its participants to spend their days in a safe place while remaining home in the evenings.
The costs of Adult Day Healthcare may be covered in full or in part by Medicaid (DSHS), the Veterans Administration, Developmental Disability Administration (DDA), the Respite Access Program, or the Senior Citizens Services Act (SCSA). Private pay rates start at $25/hour. If you are one of the many Pierce County families that need assistance providing care for a loved one, Cascade Park Active Day can help.