Once a month Cascade Park hosts a FREE and OPEN Memory Wellness Support Group in conjunction with our corresponding Day Health Program. Primarily serving people in Tacoma, Pierce County, and the Puget Sound area, these initiatives work to compliment our efforts at Cascade Park Gardens to battle Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia. The support group is free of charge and open to all members of the community involved in some way with memory care. Meetings take place at Cascade Park Active Day at 232 St. Helens Avenue.
We hope to see you there!
First Wednesday monthly, 6:30pm-8:00pmCascade Park Active Day, 232 St. Helens Avenue, Tacoma, WA 98402
For more information please contact Tim Renn at 253-888-4266
Memory Wellness Support Group Flyer
What is a support group?
A support group is a place to share stories and experiences related to Dementia. Support groups are available for individuals, care providers, family members, friends, and professionals working with Dementia. At a support group participants can:
- Learn more about life dealing with Alzheimer’s and other dementias
- Share information and learn coping skills
- Find out about the newest trends and information related to memory care
- Feel supported by having peers who have gone through similar situations
- Benefit from socializing and building friendships in a safe environment
- Get involved in the community